Saturday, October 16, 2010

The Summer Wind....

I noticed that a lot of  leaves are starting to fall to the ground around our house. The weather has been so perfect I haven't thought about summer being over.

It's been a great summer and I hate to see it go. Before getting back to recapping the Disney World trip I better post all my miscellaneous summer pics.

This summer my friend Jeff has taken me out to different lakes to show me how to bow fish. He thinks he can take a city guy out to a few lakes in the middle of the night and automatically I'd know how to catch a fish with a bow and arrow?!?

Well I guess he took his city girl wife Grace out of Memphis and has her living in the country and organic farming now...so who could blame him for trying...

Here's a picture of his wife Grace picking Okra in their garden while he and I were rigging up his boat. I thought the pink boots were a nice touch.



Rigging up Jeff's bass boat with bow fishing platform to Emily's Pathfinder.


This was my second time out bow fishing. You won't see any pictures of me holding up a fish because as I have told many people I am lucky to strike the water with my arrows. The stars are out at night so bright I can't help but put my bow down and just star gaze as we just use the trolling motor to ride around the banks of the lake.


No that is not trick photography... that drum fish really is that big. Look how the arrow is bending under the weight. Ignorance is bliss. I would have been just fine not knowing that fish that big are swimming around when we are out swimming and boating.



Small Alligator Gar and Jeff... I know fishing stories grow pretty tall but supposedly Alligator Gar fish like this are routinely caught that are 5-6 feet long.


But never fear about my novice bow skills. Another friend Joe let me borrow his bow to practice with.

The pictures below show Emily taking an interest in what I am interested in and doing a little of "shoulder to shoulder" time and shooting the bow in the back yard with me.




Of course she was a natural and hit the target several times. Beautiful form...







Candace's Wedding

We had fun going to Candace's wedding this summer.



 Emily tells the story better than I do but I'll try... Reed was looking at the wedding program and saw the picture of Candace and her husband. Reed thought she was really pretty and asked who she was.
He was so impressed and asked, "YOU know her mommy?!?"




Dana and Candace.


 


Em and Reed


Mamma's boy.


Not a baby anymore....    :(


Grace and Daddy




We took our last boat outing of the summer with my friend Noel and his two kids.

We had a great time pulling the kids on the tube getting some swimming in.




Reed's an old pro since he's been on the tube with Eric. He is my handsome little boy.



Thankfully Gracie got used to wearing the life jacket so she remains pretty happy as long as someone is holding her and the food keeps coming.





Reed and Zane having lunch.







No comments:

Post a Comment