It seems just like yesterday when we went to Disney with Reed. The first time we were concerned that he wouldn't remember all of the fun but he has an uncanny memory and it was just as much fun for us watching him experience all of the new things as it was for him.
A couple of months after going to Disney with Reed the first time he would drop a few hints and say. "I wish I could go to Disney Whur-lod". It was too cute. So for Grace it would be even earlier of a trip for her but at least Reed would remember all the fun he'd have.
Reed decided to show us how he could fit in our carry on luggage. In case you were wondering that's how we kept the trip nice and affordable. Priceline the hotel, priceline the car, and put the kids in the carry on baggage. The "how to" go to Disney World on the cheap.
Seriously though we got our car for $10 a day on priceline and since we were so patriotic and flew on Sept 11 we got our tickets very cheap. Only $159 each ticket for non-stop round trip on American.
Reed was great on the plane as usual. On the way there it was all good for both kids. On the way back Grace was exhausted and cried a lot and Reed was good but kicked the seat a little too much I am sure.
Reed especially liked his distractions/new toys that he got just for the plane ride.
That's right the Red, White, and Blue was no accident.
Better Recognize!
Our little cars seat modifications for our roller bags was a hit as usual. We must have had 1000 people tell it that it was such a good idea. (My product development/focus group experience came out..."Yes but how much would you pay for one?") If I had a good patent attorney friend I would try and patent it.
We were too tired to go to Disney on that same night we got there. It's too bad because it was Disney's night of Joy. They has a huge groups of Christian rock bands such as Third Day, David Crowder, Mercy Me, etc... playing. We new the kiddos wouldn't have made it through the show so we decided to turn in.
Here's a bad picture of our first tram ride going to the Magic Kingdom. Reed still savored every tram, train, monorail, boat ride that we had to take. Those were his favorite rides at the park.
Reed is ready to go...
I wanted to get a picture of the kids while they were still fresh and not nap-deprived.
We decided to ride the Pooh ride first since Grace is in love will all things Pooh. Her reaction was priceless but of course she was a little scared of the ride bouncing around and all of the loud noises and wind generators.
The kids were also very good a waiting in lines although for the entire trip we only really had to wait (>10 minutes) for one ride.
Reed was a good pilot for the Dumbo Ride.
All day long Reed asked to ride the Carousel ride. He absolutely loved the ride the last time we came. We wanted to hit all the rides that could potentially have a long line first so we kept having to tell him...okay we'll ride the "horse" ride next. And it was always going to be next. Sure enough though as a sign of him getting older it wasn't quite as fun as he remembered.
Don't feel too bad that he's all growing up because now that he talled than 35" tall he could ride a couple more rides that would make him smile like this...
That's right its the race cars. The next picture will definitely be a little nostalgic for Reed's Ba since it will seem just like yesterday when she took me on this ride. I know I was car crazy but I don't know if I like them as much as Reed does now.
My little guy all grown up and driving.
He's so excited... He's holding his driving license. He held onto that thing for many hours on the trip.
It was awesome. The security guard at the airport asked Reed if he had I.D. to get through the checkpoint and Reed gave him his Disney Driver's license!
It was still hot in Florida so we found plenty of water play areas and went back to the hotel and swam each afternoon.
You know what happens next....
As I mentioned I don't know if it was the matching umbrella strollers, but we were strangely asked if the two kiddos were twins at least a dozen times.
Back to the hotel with two sweaty and tired children.
Grace and Peace be with you.































1 comment:
Glad you're back safe and sound. Sound like y'all had lots of fun. Great pictures and travel report.
Post a Comment